Thank you for your interest in participating as a Vendor in our 10th Annual Tweed Elvis Festival 2020. This year’s event is being held August 28-30, 2019. Vending opportunities will begin Friday night, August 28 at 5:00 p.m. and continue throughout the weekend. We are looking forward to a wonderful and successful event full of fun and excitement.
- You will find below the Application Form, which we ask you to complete as soon as possible. Please note that your payment will be held pending selection of vendors.
- This year’s deadline for submission is July 1, 2020. No further consideration will be given to Vendors submitting their application after this date. Decisions will be finalized by July 15/2020. Successful applicants will be notified by telephone or by email if selected. Your payment will then be processed immediately.
- All applicable fees must be paid in full and all necessary paperwork received by July 1st.
- The Festival Organizers would like to inform you that consideration as a Merchandise / Food Vendor is on a first come first serve basis, but we are taking time to select our Vendors carefully.
- No refunds, or portion thereof, will be issued for cancellations.
- Regarding Elvis Merchandise: All products offered for sale must be licensed merchandise displaying the E.P.E.registered trademarks & copyrights or you will not be permitted to offer it for sale. If you are found to be selling “unlicensed” Elvis merchandise, the Festival reserves the right to take appropriate and necessary action, without refund or recourse to the Vendor, in order to protect the integrity of our event and our Festival license with Elvis Presley Enterprises.
Tweed Tribute to Elvis Festival Board
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES: MERCHANDISE/FOOD VENDORS
- Vendor acceptance may be denied, terminated or revoked at the discretion of the Festival should the organizing committee deem there is justifiable cause or concern, of any nature or kind whatsoever, that could blemish or disparage the good reputation or license requirements of the Festival, without recourse, rebate or refund to the Vendor.
- All Vendors must supply their own 10’x10′ vending tents, including sidewalls, interior lighting, sandbags or water barrels to secure your tents and must conform to the fire & safety standards outlined below.
- Vendor spacing and placement/location is at the sole discretion of the Festival organizing committee and will not be changed without the express permission of the Festival committee.
- Preference is given to Elvis memorabilia specific product due to the nature of our event. Only official licensed Elvis Presley Enterprises merchandise may be displayed for sale.
- Any Elvis merchandise Vendor found with unlicensed “Elvis” or “Elvis Presley-related” merchandise being offered for sale will result in termination of your vending privileges without any refund of fees paid.
- Preference will be given to early applicants.
- Applications and all necessary documents, along with payment, must be received by submission deadline for consideration or inclusion.
- A valid contact name and on-site Cell phone number must be provided on the Application Form for the Vendor to be considered for inclusion.
- Quantity of Vendors accepted is at the sole discretion of the festival committee.
- Please note that only minimum security staff is on-site overnight and therefore the Festival does not accept any responsibility whatsoever for product left behind, exposed or unsecured once a vendor has closed down their booth or left that booth unattended for any length of time.
FOOD VENDORS: 2019 “go green” practices are encouraged – use paper cups, plates, wood spoons & forks, etc. This year we are trying for as close to zero waste as possible. Plan ahead in your service purchases. Thank you.
- Proof of liability insurance for at least $2 million dollars must be carried and a copy of your insurance must be given to the Tweed Elvis Festival Board.
- On the accompanying product form, note all food items to be sold, as well as descriptions and your menus.
- Food vendors may sell only food, not any Elvis-related items or merchandise.
- Selected food vendors must pay their fee in full before the deadline of July 1, 2019 to receive their Festival licence
- Food safety regulations for the County of Hastings will be enforced.
- Please report to the Vendor Chair or their Agent to sign-in and be directed to your location.
- Be on-site by 9 a.m. and set-up by no later than 12:00 noon on Friday of Festival weekend.
- Once directed to your location, you can not change locations throughout the weekend. Keep adequate supplies and staff to maintain your location all weekend.
- Your area is to be cleaned and cleared, all garbage bagged and removed and your unit packed by no later than 7p.m. Sunday night. It is your responsibility to collect and remove garbage from your location. Please keep it clean, tidy and free of safety hazards. Failure to maintain your area in a clean & safe manner, throughout Festival weekend, can result in exclusion for consideration as a vendor in future years, and or additional costs being levied against you should extra waste management services become necessary.
- Daily hours of operation are specifically: Friday 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Saturday 9 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Sunday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- You are required to remain open and on-site until 4 p.m. Sunday evening.
- No smoking or open flame devices permitted under tents. Cooking/Food Preparation areas must not be accessible to public.
- Approved electrical cords only, and they must be covered with acceptable matting or securely elevated.
- Every tent, tarpaulins and decorative materials used in conjunction with tents shall conform to CAN/ULC S-109M Standard for flame tests of Flame Resistant Fabrics and Films or NFPA # 701.
VENDOR SPACE is in 10 foot increments at $10 per foot of frontage. You are required to supply your own tent(s), display tables, lighting and sidewalls in your allotted space. Your tent(s) must also meet fire & safety standards to be eligible for use. Prices are shown for standard booth space area, and apply to adjoining booths as well.