Festival Info + Rules
The Tweed Tribute to Elvis Festival is pleased to offer its annual Elvis Tribute Artist Competition. To make this event as pleasurable as possible, we ask you to take a moment to read these general rules.
• THIS IS AN OUTDOOR VENUE – Bring your own chairs. Some sun/rain shelter is available.
• Our Vendors are allowed to enter the Vendor Village to set up on Friday after 10:00 am.
• Reserved campers with weekend passes are allowed to enter the grounds on Wednesday from 1-6 pm to set up their campsites.
• Per Municipal Bylaws – We adhere to a strict “No Glass” policy.
Our staff will be checking to be sure that no glass makes its way into the grounds.
• Personal Property – If you leave your campsite be sure to put your coolers, etc. out of sight. In order to prevent theft we suggest that you lock valuables in your trailer or in the trunk of your car.
• Washrooms – There are plenty of portable toilets for public use.
• Smoking – a designated area for smokers will be set up inside the Festival area.
• GO GREEN – Campers and guests please note, our Festival “Go Green” practices are encouraged to use paper cups, plates, wood spoons & forks, etc. if you bring food into the festival grounds. We would like to reduce the plastic waste at our festival grounds. We are trying for as close to zero waste as possible. Please plan ahead in your food service purchases.
• Weather – RAIN OR SHINE THE SHOW WILL GO ON – no refunds.
• ALL PERSONS MUST HAVE THEIR “WEEKEND PASS” to enter the FESTIVAL Camp Grounds! NO WEEKEND PASS – NO ENTRY.
• Gates open at 1:00 pm & close at 6:00 pm on Wednesday of festival week.
• Reserved sites are marked.
• Consult the Parking Attendants to find your site.
• No entry with RV’s after dark due to safety reasons. Please arrive during daylight hours.
• If you want to “camp together” – please “arrive” together!
• Hard-top Tent-trailers will be allowed, but no tents. This is a temporary campground with no facilities.
• See the Lodging/Meals page for local campgrounds. (NOTE: most sites have been reserved – please respect these allotted sites).
• No Pets will be allowed in the Festival area.
• Call the Tickets/Camping Office 613-920-4336 for more information.
• Please refer to the Tickets/Camping page for more camping related issues
All prices include Applicable Taxes (HST at 13%). Prices are subject to change. Tickets are subject to SERVICE CHARGES.
• We are NOT responsible for lost, stolen or forgotten tickets.
General Festival Rules
Youths and Children Must be Accompanied by an Adult
Due to problems in the past we have found it necessary this year to strictly enforce this rule. Even if a youth has purchased a ticket in advance, they will not be allowed on the grounds unless accompanied by the adult. THEY WILL NOT RECEIVE A REFUND IF THEY HAVE NO ADULT TO ACCOMPANY THEM. We are doing this as an effort to try and control drinking under age.
We at the Tweed Tribute To Elvis Festival DO NOT condone this type of behaviour.
No Glass Containers Permitted on the Grounds
Absolutely NO GLASS containers permitted on the grounds. If you have any glass containers for food or beverages they must be left at your campsite. Please pour your drinks into plastic containers. Our “No Glass” policy will be strictly enforced. Coolers must fit under your chair. Those wishing to consume alcoholic beverages in the Main Stage Seating Area may purchase them at the Festival Beverage Tent.
In order for us to maintain an orderly park we need your help. We are asking you to keep your beverages at your campsite. NO WALKING AROUND WITH OPEN DRINKS ON THE ROADWAYS! When heading to the Main Stage Seating Area please transport your beverages in plastic containers only and keep in your cooler! NO GLASS IS ALLOWED in the Main Stage Seating Area. We thank you for helping us to maintain safe roadways.
NO PETS WILL BE ALLOWED on the Tweed Municipal Fairgrounds by Municipal Bylaw.
Absolutely NO OPEN FLAME FIRES are allowed on the Tweed Municipal Fairgrounds.
Anyone causing a disturbance on our “shuttle” buses or golf carts will be evicted. Zero tolerance. No Refunds. Our buses and golf carts provide convenient transportation around the grounds for all of our campers and is especially important for seniors and disabled people to get to and from their campsites to the Main Stage Seating Area. Please assist us – we ask that you give a “helping” hand to those carrying chairs etc. Our aim is to make everything as easy and safe as possible for all.
Music (Other than on stage)
People come from near and far to listen to the music we provide on our Main Stage. Loud music from vehicle radios, amplifiers or any other sound system is a disturbance to everyone and is not allowed. Anyone caught disturbing the peace in this way will be evicted without a refund.
Generators will be allowed to operate between 8:00 am and 11:00 pm, except during the performances when they must be turned off. If your generator makes excessive noise or creates excessive fumes you will be asked not to use it. We understand some people have health related issues that require the use of generators all night. In fairness to other campers, these generators must be whisper quiet and not disturb other campers in any way. If you do not comply with these rules you will be evicted without a refund.
Please be assured that all of the above rules will be enforced. Our main objective is to make our event an enjoyable experience for all of our loyal Elvis music fans.
We would like to thank everyone and ask for your support at our show!
Festival Packing Tips
We thought it might be useful if we posted a list of “Things To Bring”. We have received a lot of useful ideas through the years from some very experienced festival guests and campers.
• Lawn chair – an absolute must bring as we don’t provide these.
• A Black Sharpie Marker (autographs) If you are thinking of getting autographs.
• Sun Glasses/Sunscreen/Hat (for the hot and sunny days). Sun umbrellas are permitted but you will be asked to sit along the fence lines so as not to obstruct the view of other guests.
• Moist Towelettes/Baby Wipes.
• Spritzer bottle to cool off.
• Water bottles or you may purchase water from the Beverage Tent or Vendor Village
• Rain Coat – Warm/Dry Clothes.
• Comfortable Shoes (you will have to walk from the Fairgrounds parking to the Main Stage Seating Area).
• Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Pepto Bismol, Gravol, Visine
• First Aid Kit Just in case of an emergency, though St John Ambulance will be on-site during the day. It is helpful if you have brought a few things such as bandages, etc.
• Litter bag (though we have a volunteer staff trying to ensure trash is collected before it hits the ground, your help in minimizing litter remaining after folks leave is really appreciated).