Tweed Tribute to Elvis® Festival 2013
Volunteer Application & Information Form
VOLUNTEER DUTIES DEFINED:
- Site set-up - assist with setting up, moving, organizing elements of the event such as fencing, tents, staging, equipment, portapotties, garbage receptacles and any items that require set up
- Admission - Gate Control - accept or sell tickets appropriate to each part of the Venue, put on wristbands of appropriate date and colour, maintain cash safely until picked up by Festival Board at specified intervals.
- General Volunteer Staff - act as visitor guides, parking guides, and generally as ambassadors of the Venue. In addition to hired security personnel, volunteer staff will monitor the event for safety, reporting rowdiness and other offensive behaviour to Festival Office in the Curling Club or to hired security staff.
- Parking - work in teams to direct visitors to park trailers and vehicles in the designated areas in the most efficient and safe manner, turn back overflow parking and suggest alternate parking elsewhere in Tweed & environs.
- Site maintenance - monitor the grounds for tidiness, safety, cleanliness, check on waste receptacles, pick up any refuse on the ground and place in appropriate receptacles.
- Seating control - escort ticket holders to appropriate seating areas, make sure they place their chairs to allow for others to be seated comfortably, monitor the arrangement of the seating to allow for maximum seating with regard to safety and comfort.
- Site take-down - volunteers will assist with removing staging, fences, tents, equipment and any item that needs to be removed from the Tweed Fairgrounds that was part of the Tweed Tribute to Elvis® Festival.
- This agreement is between the volunteer named on Page 1 and Tweed Tribute to Elvis® Festival (hereafter in some places referred to as the "Venue”).
- At all times, the mission, vision and safety concerns of the Tweed Tribute to Elvis® Festival will be followed in accordance with the Venue’s policies, standards and guidelines. As a volunteer of the Tweed Tribute to Elvis® Festival, I may have access to information and documents relating to Tribute Artists, donors, volunteers and staff that are private and confidential in nature; reasonable care and caution will be exercised to protect and maintain total confidentiality.
- By volunteering at the Tweed Tribute to Elvis® Festival, I grant permission to the Venue to photograph and videotape me in the course of my volunteer involvement in the event, and to use my name and any photographs and videotapes of me for the Tweed Tribute to Elvis® Festival purposes in any media in perpetuity.
- I waive and release any and all claims for myself, my heirs, executors and administrators against the Tweed Tribute to Elvis® Festival, its agents, employees and licensees and any sponsors, officials, volunteers and organizers of the event in conjunction with any injury, illness, or death, or loss or damage to property, which may directly or indirectly result from my volunteer involvement in this event, and any claim arising in connection with the use of my name or any photographs or videotapes of me.
- I acknowledge that I will not receive any financial remuneration for any of the above and that my compensation is the opportunity to volunteer for the event and contribute to the activities of the the Tweed Tribute to Elvis® Festival.
- If a volunteer is under 18 years of age then a parent/guardian must sign this Agreement on the volunteer’s behalf.